- A Saudi woman is sentenced to lashings for being raped. What the hell?
Dr. Ruqaya Al Alwani is presented with the Tunisian President Award for her publication The Role of the Muslim Women in Development
Al-Ahram argues that the Carnegie Endowment on International Peace’s recent publication on the status of women in Islamic movements is biased.
Some good musings about the attire of Muslim women in the media.
An interview with ISNA’s (the Islamic Society of North America) new president, Ingrid Mattson, who I think is pretty cool. It’s telling of an accepting community when it can elect a non-Arab, non-Muslim born woman who reverted to Islam (AND kept her name) as the president of ISNA. AND she leads prayer. Damn, that’s cool.
- Culture Matters examines the role of the documentary Forbidden Lies in the New Orientalism.
- Another Muslim doll makes an appearance in Indonesia.
- In Jordan, men get educated on women's rights in Islam.
- just another angry black muslim woman? discusses what it's like to be a single Muslim woman who works.